Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY: The Top Ten Books I Had VERY Strong Emotions About


Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is the Top Ten Books I Had VERY Strong Emotions About (cry, laugh, hurl across the room, etc.).

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
This was an emotional rollercoaster of a book.

 Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Banning/burning books makes me angry. I have only read this book twice because I get so mad about the things happening in the book. I know it isn’t real, but at times burning books and taking away our opportunity for knowledge was real. And even today there are people who want to ban books. This is a great book but I just the thought of it makes me too frustrated to read it.

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
Disgusting on so many levels. Never read chapter 14 before eating. Never.

Looking for Alaska by John Green
There were some hilarious parts (the pranks) and some very serious parts which is what made so interesting.
 
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
That ending? Really?


Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
This is why Laurie Halse Anderson is one of my favorite. Her books are intense and really make you think as you read (but in a good way). Every Laurie Halse Anderson book I read grabs my attention at the beginning and keeps me engaged all the way through. And the best part is that she is such a diverse of a writer! She writes about hot topics among teens, historical fiction, and even some kids books.


 Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
I was happy at the beginning of the book but then it just went downhill.

Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
So silly and fun. I kind of want to be a in a school like this, but I kind of don’t!


No comments:

Post a Comment