Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY: My Top Ten Favorite Book Characters

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is My Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters In Books.


Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Elizabeth is smart, funny, confident, and doesn’t give in to silliness just because her sisters and mom are vain and annoying. Although she is interested in dresses and socializing, Elizabeth remains practical and kind which makes her endearing and a character you can’t help but root for.

Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Oh, I just love P&P. Mr. Darcy is just awesome and the fact that Colin Firth played him in a movie version is an added bonus!

Mary Anne from the Babysitter’s Club series by Ann M. Martin
Mary Anne isn’t the typically pretty one, popular one, or out-going one. But she is sweet, loyal, smart, and brunette! For some reason she was always my favorite of the BBC gang so obviously I had to put her on my list

Gandalf from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
This is a wizard with attitude. He tricks Bilbo into having a hoard of dwarves over to his house and then pretty much forces the little hobbit into a crazy adventure where the wizard comes and goes randomly. Of all the wizards in literature, I think I would most want to hang out with Gandalf.

Charlotte Doyle from The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by AviIn the beginning Charlotte was annoying and prissy. Then she totally started kicking some butt. I wish there was a sequel because I would love to know what other adventures Charlotte had in life.

Grover from The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
1. Grover is my favorite Sesame Street character     2. Grover and I share the same birth date     3. I have a 2 year-old son who loves Sesame Street     4. We own this book AND I have it as a book on my iPhone which my son reads in the car     5. For all the dozens of times I have read/heard this book, Grover still cracks me up

Matthias from Redwall by Brian Jacques
Awwwww… Matthias is the brave little mouse who risks his life to save those he loves. What wouldn’t you love about that?

Alice Cullen from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
Alice is spunky and fun and girly and silly and just kind of awesome. All the brooding and angst from the other characters annoys me, but Alice is just awesome.

Laura from The Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Oh, Half-Pint. You always were mischievous and full of life. I loved reading about your adventures on the prairie. One day I WILL make my husband take me to your former home in Minnesota.

Rue from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Rue is so sweet, feisty, and loveable. I wish her storyline would have been longer in The Hunger Games so I could have enjoyed her character for more time.

1 comment: