Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: My Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Sequels



Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is My Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Sequels.

Sometimes finishing a book is kind of sad because you have grown to know and love the characters/world and obviously want more.



Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
Was she reformed?

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
What mischief did she get into next?

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Duh.

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Did Scarlet and Rhett ever get back together? 

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Once Colin goes to college, what girls does he meet and what mathy things does he do?

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
I think there could be a lot more to Bod’s life.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Tell me about the rest of their high school years.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
What amazing things did the characters do with the rest of their lives?

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
While Elizabeth Wein has written a companion novel (Rose Under Fire) that gives us some character updates, I would have liked a whole book about the Code Name Verity characters and how the rest of the war affects their lives.

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
I think it would be hard to make a sequel to this, but I think the premise was interesting and the story was so intriguing. I just wanted to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment