Thursday, September 26, 2013

STUDENT REVIEW - I, Emma Freke by Elizabeth Atkinson

I, Emma Freke
By Elizabeth Atkinson
Published by Lerner Publishing Group, 2012
234 pages (paperback)

Life wasn't always like this. In fact, when I was younger and shorter and dumber I usually had one or two friends to play with at recess. My grades were good, but nothing special. Then my height and brains took off one summer as if someone watered me with too much fertilizer. Even my dull hair turned redder. To make matters impossibly worse? My name is Emma Freke. Like, if you say it slowly, I Am A Freak. (from barnesandnoble.com)

It’s a funny story and she gets to find out about family which makes it a great book. I thought that it was a good book and it really didn’t need to be improved. Yes, [I would recommend it to middle schoolers]. It’s age appropriate and funny.
--by Isabelle C.

No comments:

Post a Comment