Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Bookish People I Want to Meet

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is the Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet!


Abraham Lincoln
I know he isn’t alive, but it would have been amazing to meet Abe. Besides being a great president (and vampire hunter?), he LOVED books. Books were his escape from sadness and tough times. I would have loved to have a conversation about books with Abe.

Theodore Roosevelt
Did you know that Teddy wrote a bunch of books? Before he was presidents he wrote books on nature, history, politics, etc. Teddy became one of my favorite presidents because he seemed like a lot of fun, but knowing that he loved to read and even wrote dozens (80-some, I think) of books makes me love him even more.

Ann M. Martin
The Babysitter’s Club books were among the first books I read and I’d have to say that Ann M. Martin inspired me to read and write creatively. I just want to say “thanks!”

John Green
I kind of have an author-crush on him because he makes me laugh.

Suzanne Collins
She has made such a huge impact on young adult literature recently that I think it would be great to hear some of her thoughts and ideas on life, literature, and the world.

J.K. Rowlings
I just want her to tell me stories for several hours. And her English accent would be a bonus!

Laurie Halse Anderson
Besides the fact that her books are AMAZING, she is also an awesome researcher. Check out the appendixes of her historical fiction novels… they are so detailed.

Dr. Seuss
It is too late to meet him, but talking to him would have been so cool. I mean, how did he come up with such fantastical stories and creatures? And, does he realize what an impact he has had on young readers???

James Patterson
He is such a diverse and dynamic author. People of all ages love him and I love that both students and staff hurry over to the shelves to see what James Patterson books we have in.

Joseph Bruchac
Did you know he is coming to UMS on October 5th? And did you know that he is a great author with interesting stories in all sorts of genres?
You didn’t? Well now you do. So read a book or two of his and get ready for a fun day with him!

1 comment:

  1. Ann M. Martin! She should be on mine, too - that series was a huge part of my childhood. There were a lot of deceased authors I wanted to put on my list, too. You've got some great choices. It would be awesome to meet Lincoln and Roosevelt, too!

    ReplyDelete