Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: The Top Ten Books with One-Word Titles

HAPPY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
See you all in August!

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s (freebie) topic is the Top Ten Books with One-Word Titles.

True Story… I had a student who coincidentally kept checking out books with one-word titles (not counting a, an & the). It became a joke, though he really didn’t do intentionally. So here are my top ten books (plus some sequels) with single word titles.



Matilda by Roald Dahl
Tempest by Julie Cross
Chains and Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast


So, have any one-word titles caught your eye lately?

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea for a topic! I'm really looking forward to reading Stormbringers by Philippa Gregory. I seem to have quite a few older one word title books on my to read pile - Struck, Breathe, Crewel, Dreamless, Unwind, Legend & Starters to name a few LOL

    My Top Ten Tuesday is my favourite books of 2013 so far:
    http://www.feelingfictional.com/2013/05/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-reads-of-2013.html

    ReplyDelete