Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY: The Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is the Top Ten Books I Want To Reread.

Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
I love books and movies where you have to figure out how everyone is connected and what people’s secrets are. I read this book every few years and each time I notice new secrets and connections.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I reread this book this summer and I picked up on a lot of things I had missed before. It is such a good book.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The movie comes out in just over a year. I definitely need to reread The Hobbit before then.

Revolution by Jennifer DonnellyThere are a lot of historical references and people that I want to know more about. Also, this book is just amazing.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
This is my favorite Jane Austen book. I’ll reread the book and then watch the BBC movie version. Sounds like a good day to me!

The Giver by Lois Lowry
A favorite from growing up. It really made me think about memories and how knowledge of the past can affect us.
Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
This book is fun and clever and makes school seem like an adventure.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Not only is this a book I think most teenagers should read, but also educators. Besides being well written, it is compelling and an insightful look into the lives of teenagers. AND it is an interesting story.

Matilda by Roald Dahl
I wish I had magical powers to get revenge on really mean people J

Divergent by Veronica Roth
 I just finished this book and I already want to read it again. It is THAT good. And I want the sequel to come out NOW.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Divergent simply brilliant? I loved it so much. Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop!

    Matilda (and other Roald Dahl books) and The Hunger Games are on my list this week as well :)

    ReplyDelete