What Is UMS Reads?
UMS Reads is a way to get students to think about what they read by figuring out what they like about certain books and what they don’t like about certain books. UMS Reads is completely voluntary, but since students need to be reading anyways, this is a great way to write about what was read and to be rewarded for reading!
How does UMS Reads work?
- Read a book (fiction or nonfiction)
- Pick up and fill out a UMS Reads Review form from the UMS Library or an ELA teacher
- Turn the UMS Reads Review from into your grade level basket in the UMS Library
- At the end of each month Mrs. Ruud will draw names from the baskets.
- Grand Prize Winner: A book & a pizza certificate
- 1st Place Winners (1 per grade level + 1 staff member): A treat & a pizza certificate
- 2nd Place Winners: A pizza certificate
The winners are chosen randomly and the more times you enter, the better chance you have of being a winner each month.
Also, some reviews will be used on this blog!