Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY: The Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is the Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read!

Colonel Roosevelt (Theodore Roosevelt Trilogy #3) by Edmund Morris
One of my two favorite presidents is Theodore Roosevelt and it is because of Edmund Morris’s trilogy. In college I had to read parts of Theodore Rex (book #2) and besides learning what a great president he was I also found out awesome things like, as president, Teddy Roosevelt used to ride a horse through D.C. parks and shoot at squirrels. Hahaha! A year or two later I read the first book, The Rise of Theodore Roosvet and it was awesome. Teddy’s life reads like a soap opera. The writing was great and the subject matter was fascinating. Needless to say I was really looking forward to reading the final book on Teddy Roosevelt by Edmund Morris that came out this past winter.  Now I just need to find some time to read it!

The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #2) by Michael Scott
My husband and I listened to most of the Alchemyst on our way home from Minnesota. The Alchemyst was surprisingly good and engaging so I am looking forward to reading the next book (and the rest of the series).

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie KagawaThe adventures of Ash & Puck? The hope of a happy ending for at least most of the characters? Oh, I am definitely looking forward to getting this book and re-entering the world of faeries and little iron creatures.

Ashes (Seeds of America #3) by Laurie Halse AndersonI have a post-it note in my plan book to get this book and read it the day it comes out. I have to read it quick because I already have teachers and students asking for it! This series that includes Chains and Forge is one of the best historical fiction novels I have read in a long long long time!

Crossed (Matched Trilogy #2) by Ally Condie
I read Matched last year and I enjoyed the world that Ally Condie created. Now the story is headed out of the city and revolution (or something like it) is in the air. Of course, the love story is a major plus!

 
Goliath (Leviathan #3) by Scott Westerfeld
Yes, the steampunk aspect confused me a bit at first, but I really like that this series takes place during World War I (the Great War back then) and has great characters.

Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven #2) by Brandon Mull
The first book included a crazy party by faeries and other wild fantastical creatures. I can’t even begin to imagine what will happen in this next book.


Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6) by Jeff Kinney 
Dairy of a Wimpy Kid books pretty much fly off the shelves. I have read parts of all the books, but not one book all the way through. So why am I excited about this sequel? It is simply because it gets students excited about reading. This series is funny and silly and if students are lined up to read this then GREAT!

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) By Lauren Oliver
I found Delirium to be similar to Matched in that they have futuristic societies where pretty much everything is decided for people. I am definitely glad there is a sequel because Delirium had an ending that I wasn’t satisfied with.

Any sequel/prequel to Redwall by Brian Jacques
Several years ago my husband & I listened to Redwall on our way to Minnesota. This was my husband’s favorite book growing up and we have several Brian Jacques books in our house. Redwall was the first book I had read (heard) by this author and I LOVED it! I haven’t read any more lately, but I want to. Unfortunately Brian Jacques died this past February and but his last book did come out this past May so I may have to read it when I need a good imaginative book.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic books in your list :D Hope you have a wonderful week ;)

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday  list.

    ReplyDelete