Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3)
By Cassandra Clare
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2013
592 pages (hardcover)
THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING
A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.
As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy. (from barnesandnoble.com)
Ahhhh! So I HAD to get this the day it came out. I was so excited to find out what would happen. And, of course, I needed to know if Tessa would marry Jem or Will or neither.
Now, I don’t want to give away anything, especially since this is the 3rd book in the series, but below are my thoughts…
· Don’t look at the inside of the dust jacket. It kind of gives things away (there are still some surprises coming your way even if you do look). HOWEVER, after I read Clockwork Princess I looked at the inside of the dust jacket and read summaries of the Mortal Instruments series. It all comes together, folks.
· The beginning chapters are quite intense. Cassandra Clare doesn’t waste any time getting you hooked.
· The few flashbacks of Young Will & Young Jem are tooooooooo cute.
· The relationship(s) between Jem, Will & Tessa are amazing, heartbreaking, and inspiring.
· I want to be Charlotte. She is awesome. I mean, she can kick some butt WHILE being pregnant!
· Family love and loyalty are definitely a theme… but not a preachy theme. Just a refreshing & heart-felt theme.
· Magnus Bane is a fabulous character. He definitely steps up in this book.
· I wish the Epilogue would have gone on in time for a few more months or years. I wanted to see, um, things play out.
That is all, for now. If you haven’t started reading this trilogy yet, get on it! I don’t think you will be disappointed.