Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is the Top Ten Books I Thought I Would Like More/Less Than I Did.
BOOKS I LIKED MORE THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein – So many twists and turns and secrets. Loved it!
- Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson – A refreshingly unique heroine and plot.
- How They Croaked by Georgia Bragg – It is gross, but also interesting. One of the best nonfiction books I have read in a while!
- Wonder by RJ Palacio – I was afraid it would be sad, but really it was an inspiring book that gave some fresh perspectives on people who are different.
- Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa – I wasn’t really in the mood for yet another vampire book, but this was something completely different. Kind of gory, but good!
- Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs – I thought it would be dark and dreary or just fluff. Instead it was intelligent and sassy and a book I couldn’t put down.
BOOKS I LIKED LESS THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – The whole “are they or aren’t they siblings” thing weirded me out.
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – It was like Twilight only with fallen angels. The plotline was obvious from the start.
- Planet Tad by Tim Carvell – I thought it would be funnier then it actually was.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver – First, I LOVE Lauren Oliver’s writing. However, I had recently read The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Matched so I think I was burnt out on the “girls in a dystopian society saving the world” thing. Perhaps I will give it another try soon since it is being turned into a TV show.